[Cartoweb-users] make cartoweb project faster...
fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:24:15 EDT 2008
I want to display on cartoweb project more than 50.000 points for each
user account. Other layers are:
* OSM layers for whole Italy (POI, too)
* Italian regions countries and towns
* BlueMarble ecw raster (only for full extent)
1. I created indexes (spatial and no spatial) on PostgreSQL\PostGIS
tables (where the points are)
2. I enabled Ajax on my project
3. I installed my cartoweb project on a quadr-core machine with 4GB
RAM (on the machine only PostgreSQL an cartoweb run)
4. I set memory_limit=1GB in my php.ini
5. I set (following Oliver instructions) PROCESSING
"CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" for those points in the mapfile
6. I enabled the cache system (mode=production)
...the problem is the application is too much slow. Coreplugins
functionalities (zoom, pan, ecc..) are very slow....
What should I check to improve this ?
More information about the Cartoweb-users