[Cartoweb-users] make cartoweb project faster...

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:24:15 EDT 2008

Hi !
I want to display on cartoweb project more than 50.000 points for each
user account. Other layers are:

    * OSM layers for whole Italy (POI, too)
    * Italian regions countries and towns
    * BlueMarble ecw raster (only for full extent)

Well...

   1. I created indexes (spatial and no spatial) on PostgreSQL\PostGIS
      tables (where the points are)
   2. I enabled Ajax on my project
   3. I installed my cartoweb project on a quadr-core machine with 4GB
      RAM (on the machine only PostgreSQL an cartoweb run)
   4. I set memory_limit=1GB in my php.ini
   5. I set (following Oliver instructions) PROCESSING
      "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" for those points in the mapfile
   6. I enabled the cache system (mode=production)

...the problem is the application is too much slow. Coreplugins
functionalities (zoom, pan, ecc..) are very slow....

What should I check to improve this ?

Thanks