[Cartoweb-users] OpenLayers

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Tue Oct 28 06:53:00 EDT 2008

hi

everything is possible but I would say that would take a lot of time to develop.
the server side of Cartoweb is designed to be accessed via SOAP, not ajax, so you would need to create some kind of ajax<->soap connector and that sounds quite messy.

did you consider using Mapfish instead as it is already designed to use OpenLayer on the front side and has a sever side for more specific operations.
http://www.mapfish.org/