[Cartoweb-users] locate autocompleter and special characters

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Oct 29 10:10:45 EDT 2008

Hi

isnt this a sql problem ?

usualy string are stored simplified in the database and the querystring is
simply simplified for the search.
but since you seem to want it the other way around (getting a specific
string based on a simplified querystring),
the closest thing that comes to my mind is this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/fuzzystrmatch.html
which allow to search for string which are close to what you search.

the query is triggered in function getList in the php, so you can certainly
add some more complex sql queries / treatments.