[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb Linux Migration

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Sep 29 05:51:19 EDT 2008

Cartoweb Linux MigrationHi

I dont have any performances chart for Cartoweb between windows and linux server.
The only significatif loss of performance is the install process when the files are replicated from the project folder into the main htdocs folder.
Linux's symbolic links are WAY faster (and no we havent tried/implemented Vista/Server2008 new symbolic links).
But this really matter for development/installation.

About migration, the only thing I can see are the various path in the mapfile, shapepath, PROJ_LIB, the font and symbol path, the images path for the symboles, and the eventual paths in the config .ini files.
other than that it's pretty much transparent.

if you are using postgres and the version are different, you may encounter some difficulties when migrating the data (mostly because of postgis)

thats all i can think of at the moment