[Cartoweb-users] Translation process.

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Sep 29 10:15:27 EDT 2008

the client2pot and server2pot generate the basic translation po files,
containing (almost) all the string from your templates and mapfile's layers.

3 files should have been generated:
client.po
server.yourprojectname.po
server.po

copy these files and name them

client.el.po
server.yourprojectname.el.po
server.el.po

edit them and add the corresponding translated string in the msgstr ""
dont modify the msgid!

you may have to add a few msgid/msgstr manually as the scripts may have
missed some variable, especially the dnamic variables, like the toolbar's
tool names.

once you have added all the translated strings, you can run the po2mo script

by the way, client2pot, server2pot and po2mo accept as parameter the name of
the project (php po2mo yourprojectname), so they arent triggered for all
projects at once.

RESTART APACHE! because gettext is buggy.
and clean cartoweb cache