[Cartoweb-users] Charset in Query Results

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Wed May 13 08:19:15 EST 2009

Arnaud DELEURME wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I use Query_by_point in my project toolbar.
> It works very well but I have a problem with the UTF Charset.
>
> In fact, I use Shapefile with UTF and ISO encoding in my .dbf files.
> My query table shows my data attributes in ISO but it doesn't show in UTF...
>
> Where can I modify in order to see my attributes data in ISO and UTF...
>
> In my client.ini.in , I have :
>
> Encoder.Class.data= EncoderUTF
> EncoderClass.config = EncoderUTF
> EncoderClass.output = EncoderUTF
> EncoderClass.value_iso = EncoderISO
>

> In my myproject.ini , I have EncoderClass.config = EncoderUTF
>

> Thank you very much for your help...
>

> Arnaud DELEURME.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I don't think you could have data in UTF and ISO inside the same plugin like query.
Perharps you could find something to get data transformed by the engines ( could be possible with the postgis layer forcing
client encoding at connexion ) but with shapes ?

Inside my project now, i only use utf-8 for data, string/translate etc ... perharps it's easy to transform all the data shape to
an unified format for you.

--

     Bruno Friedmann