[Cartoweb-users] Multiple mapfile and one project

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Sep 17 01:34:35 EST 2009

hi

when you create the mapfile, maybe add some kind of user identification to the layers names, and if the mapfile has already been generated, simply add the new users layers inside instead of creating a new file.
i dont know how you create the mapfile, but if the mapfile has aleady been created, you can effectively use Mapoverlay to insert new layers (and remove them)
there are several example in the mailing list about using Mapoverlay to insert or modify a layer.
you can also directly use mapscript to modify a mapfile content, as Mapoverlay dont allow every kind of manipulation

though it will be much more complicated if you have specific entries in the layertree for the user layers (I would advice you to avoid this case unless you are an advanced cartoweb developer)