[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb beginner question

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Jan 28 08:57:05 EST 2011

Cartoweb's displayed layers depend of the layers.ini file, which link the layers in the mapfile with the layer tree in the user interface.
if you add new layers in the mapfile, you need to add the corresponding entries in the layers.ini

maybe use a working project as template, and simply overwrite some files with user specific content when needed, that should keep the maintenance time as low as possible.
if the differences are only in the list of layers, you should have only a couples of specific files by user to maintain: client_conf.ini (client side), *projectname*.ini (server side), layers.ini (server side) and the server folder renaming.