[Cartoweb-users] link setup and URL

simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Thu Mar 24 10:46:18 EST 2011

Hi !
I need to fix a link URL in layer.ini with a special directory. By
default a file can be fixed in this way:

layers.exp_matrix.link = exposure_matrix.txt
The file "exposure_matrix.txt" has to stay by default in the folder:
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\htdocs
On web the link is correctly visualized as:
http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/exposure_matrix.txt

If I need to change directory from default folder (e.g. the output of a
model yhat are fixed are exactly in a folder), how can I write the
correct expression of the link?
Example:
"exposure_matrix.txt" is in C:/temp
The link in a browser is "file:///C:/temp/exposure_matrix.txt"
The expression in layer.ini should be layers.exp_matrix.link
=file:///C:/MultiRisk/rev_vis/exposure_matrix.txt

The result is a not visible link.
Is it a wrong syntax? Is it a question of default folder as I suppose?
How can I manage different default folder?

The second question is on same issue regarding setup of link. Is it
possible create a popup window for the link, instead another tab on the
browser?

Thanks.
Simone