[Cartoweb-users] link setup and URL

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Mar 25 02:10:33 EST 2011

hello Simone

you can only access files which are served by your web server.
you can not use local path, as you are trying at the moment.

your webserver must be configured to allow web access to the folder where you have your files.
though you need to be careful as this may be a serious security problem as all the files will be open to public access!!!!
it may be a good idea to disalow the directory listing in that folder.

if you are using apache, you need to add a new alias in your httpd.conf (or if you have your cartoweb apache config in another file, then in that other file)
to disallow directory listing, do NOT put "Indexes" in the Options line in the "<Directory ..." definition

see apache documentation for details http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_alias.html#alias
also this page for a very quick overview http://www.thewebhostinghero.com/tutorials/apache-alias.html