MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon and CGDI questions

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:35:55 +0200
Hi Thom, list,

What exactly is the relationship between Chameleon and Mapscript? If I want
to use any WMS server, do I need to use Mapscript?

Does this mean that Chameleon is also an OpenGIS catalog client (and if the
answer is yes, a client to a a stateless or stateful catalog)? Is Chameleon
used to show the meta information?

I do not exactly see what parts of the CGDI infrastructure are filled in by
Chameleon, and whether or not the other components used are also
opensource.

Are there plans for a querybuilder widget?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Bart