MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon and CGDI questions

Tom.Kralidis@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Tom.Kralidis@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:40:51 -0400

No, you can feed chameleon an OGC Web Map Context Document.

> Does this mean that Chameleon is also an OpenGIS catalog
> client (and if the
> answer is yes, a client to a a stateless or stateful
> catalog)? Is Chameleon
> used to show the meta information?

Yes, it acts as a client to a statelss catalog.  You can show the results of
the catalog search through the default widget, or tweak the code.

> I do not exactly see what parts of the CGDI infrastructure
> are filled in by
> Chameleon, and whether or not the other components used are also
> opensource.

Chameleon itself is open source.  The services it connects to are public.
You'll have to contact the various providers of the services to see if the
components used to build them are opensource.

Chameleon connects to various services which are part of the CGDI and other
spatial data infrastructures, such as WMS, Gazetteer, Catalog, Postal Code,
and Web Map Context Documents.

..Tom