MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon and CGDI questions

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:20:35 -0400
Tom.Kralidis@ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca wrote:

>>What exactly is the relationship between Chameleon and
>>Mapscript? If I want
>>to use any WMS server, do I need to use Mapscript?
>>

> No, you can feed chameleon an OGC Web Map Context Document.

Your question isn't very clear to me, I suspect that we misunderstood
what you meant and we are probably not answering the right question.  So
just to make sure there is no confusion:

1- Chameleon is a MapScript application... so you cannot run or install
Chameleon without installing MapScript on your server.

2- Once Chameleon is installed, it can talk to *any* WMS server, and
this happens through the WMS protocol... so it can talk to any remote
WMS server no matter which software runs on the remote server as long as
it supports WMS... but you still need MapScript locally on your own
server that runs Chameleon.

  Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca