MapTools.org

[Chameleon] session expired and popups

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:08:58 -0500
Bart,

this is not something that is very easy to handle which is why we have
avoided it.

One suggestion ... in your application template, you could write a
custom piece of javascript that starts a timer for, say, 29 minutes and
closes open popups if it expires.  The only problem then is that there
is no central place where popups window handles are registered.  There
may be some hooks in javascript to determine the handles of windows
opened via window.open ... you may also be able to close them by window
name (in the window.open call, a window is assigned a unique name) and
then search the source of your page for all the window names (by looking
for window.open calls)

PS  this would be a nice addition to chameleon at some point, to have
all open windows go through a popup manager that keeps all the window
handles and manages the callback mechanism, and also handles session
expiry automagically.  It won't be in the next version though.