MapTools.org

[Chameleon] WFS client and HTTP GET/POST

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis@ec.gc.ca
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:52:53 -0500

Most OGC:WFS instances will probably support HTTP POST, given the rich
Filter interface they can support.

> Will the PHP/Mapscript code be enhanced in future, to support also an
> advanced WFS Client which can use both GET and POST, and will
> Chameleon
> use this functionality from PHP/Mapscript?
>
> And will there be more wfs metadata tags then describing
> which DCPTYPE
> (HTTP GET/POST) is supported for the various WFS interfaces,
> so the WFS
> client will know what to do, or will the capabilities be
> parsed for this?

This is a general issue on how OGC:WFS is handled/parsed.  I think a generic
OGC:WFS widget should be able to parse Capabilities XML and all its fine
grained elements/attributes.