[Chameleon] question about future/possible functionality

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:22:28 +0200

Hi,

nowadays a lot is possible in DHTML and Javascript. I see that panning of a
map image now actually involves the moving of the image.

Most of the elements in Chameleon provide viewing functionality. Is it
theoretically possible to also provide editing functionality without the
use of Java? I refer to functionality like:

-add a feature (e.g. a polygon) by drawing on the map
-retrieve a feature by GML and paint it on the map
-edit a feature just drawn or retrieved by GML by something like a
EditPolygonTool (so moving vertexes around, adding vertexes, that kind of
stuff).

Thanks in advance for the answer,
Bart
The Netherlands