MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem interpreting results from CatalogSearch w idget

Tom Kralidis [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis@ec.gc.ca
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:54:51 -0500
Hi,

This may be because a Service Exception report is being returned in the
response, instead of the structure you are expecting.  Can you print out the
query string for the catalog URL and test in a web browser?  What does the
raw XML response say?

..Tom

=========================
Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist
Environment Canada
Tel: +01-905-336-4409
http://www.ec.gc.ca/cise/
=========================

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Verlouw [mailto:Hans.Verlouw@Geodan.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 1:43 PM
To: chameleon@lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Chameleon] Problem interpreting results from CatalogSearch widget

I have a problem interpreting results from the Catalog Search widget.
Don't know if it's a Chameleon problem or PHP problem,
but when I get results from the catalog server
($oXMLDoc->searchResponse->value->searchStatus->attributes['numberOfRecords'
] > 0)
I cannot retrieve the subelements of array ISO19119 in the XML doc.
The core of the original code goes like:

$nbIso =
count($oXMLDoc->searchResponse->value->searchResults->value->ISO19119);
for($i=0; $i < $nbIso; $i++)
{
     $oRes =&
$oXMLDoc->searchResponse->value->searchResults->value->ISO19119[$i];
     $szLayerTitle    = $oRes->value->citation->value->title->value;
     echo $szLayerTitle;
}

So I can interprete the response I get up to the level of
$oXMLDoc->searchResponse->value->searchStatus
but not deeper.
My query was fulll response, so URL parameter ESN=f
Can somebody tell me what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Hans Verlouw
-------------------------------------
Geodan SDT b.v.