MapTools.org

[Chameleon] my widgets don't widge

Sara Yurman syurman@spatialfocus.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:35:18 -0500
I've been trying without success to make the widgets on my chameleon
installation work.  I would be intensely grateful for any help at all.

******What doesn't work******

ZoomIn*********
Red box draws on the screen, screen refreshes, map redisplays at full
extent.  If I start a new session, the scalebar comes up with zoomed
distances.  If I then try zooming again the scalebar again represents
the full extent

ZoomOut********
I click, the watch displays, the map remains stolidly in place.

Pan************
The entire image moves with the hand, then the map returns to its
original display.

Manage Layers*****************
This shows a blank screen, and throws some errors in the apache log:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  gszMapTemplate in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/Layer.phtml on line 20
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  gszMapTemplate in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/Layer.phtml on line 21
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/Layer.phtml on line 51
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  bShowPreview in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/production.phtml on line 561
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  bShowDownload in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/production.phtml on line 562
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  txtFootDesc in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/production.phtml on line 567

Print*****************
Doesn't work, throws this error in the apache log:
  Undefined variable:  txtFootDesc in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/widgets/production.phtml on line 567

**********What does work***************

The map layer (the .map file only describes one at this point) displays
properly and the ruler works, even in feet.

******About my installation******

I'm using Chameleon-1.1 alpha6, running with MapServer 4.01 on Debian.

******What I did to check my installation******

I've checked my environment with the screens at
htdocs_admin/index.phtml.  Everything looked good: mapscript 4.01
located, png supported, php 4.3.3 found, all mandatory settings and
required modules with little green OK checks.

******More installation checking: the apache error log******

Got " Undefined index:  gszServerDataPath in
/var/www/cwc2/htdocs/common/phpwms/manage_servers.phtml on line 133".
Wasn't too perturbed about it, since I wanted to work with a .map file.

******How I made my tiny little application******

I started by copying and editing the demo.php and demo.html files, and
edited the following widget names (From > To ) to reflect the actual
widget names I found:

PrintPopup > PrintWidget
MapDHTMLImage > MapDHTMLWidget
CursorPosition > Cursorpos  (once each for X and Y)

I edited the template.map file and made sure that it produced an image
with the 4.01 shp2img utility.

Thanks for any help,

Sara

--