MapTools.org

[Chameleon] RGB raster display, GDAL PROCESSING

uli uli.mueller@gmx.ch
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:59:27 +0100
Hi list

I am trying to implement RGB images (landsat and colored hillshading) in
Chameleon. In the only some 10-20 colors seem to be rendered. When I use the
mapfile that is the base of my Chameleon application directly (through a
httpd://...mapserv?mode=map...) request, the image looks fine with all RGB
colors.
Is there any mechanism in Chameleon that reduces the colors to 256 or even
less?

I also tried to use some of GDAL's PROCESSING directives, however Chameleon
could not interpret them and crashed.

Uli

mapserv -v:
MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Extracts from my mapfile:

PROJECTION
	"init=epsg:31467"   # Germany, Gauss-Krueger Zone 3
END
#OutputFormat Objects
IMAGETYPE png_rgb
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png_rgb
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  EXTENSION "png"
	FORMATOPTION "TRANSPARENT=ON"
	FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
END

LAYER
  NAME "Topographie"
  TYPE raster
  STATUS default
	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:31467"
	END
 	MINSCALE 350000
	MAXSCALE 1000000
	DATA "/geodata/europe/ger/bw/_data/dem/hillshadecolored.tif"
	#PROCESSING "COLOR_MATCH_THRESHOLD=3"
END

#all other layers switched off