MapTools.org

[Chameleon] [mapserver-users] map print functionality

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:58:31 +0200
Hi list,

Sorry for the cross-post, but this applies to both lists in my opinion.

I have a question about the different implementations of map print
functionality in PDF format. If I am not mistaken there are 2 options
available:

-have mapserver print a map using pdflib (outputformat PDF)
-have Chameleon print a map using the Chameleon map production widget (php
code)

What is the difference between the options, and does one have other
features than the other?

Is there a way to define what my layout would look like, e.g. portrait or
landscape, and where certain items as legend, scalebar will be on the page?