MapTools.org

[Chameleon] problem with chameleon install

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:46:18 -0400
Andrés Collao wrote:

> When i try install chameleon , it appears the following message:
>
> Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/php_gd2.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/php_gd2.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cwc2/htdocs_admin/info.php on line 88
>
> I have compiled GD2 and it is located in /usr/local/lib under the name
> libgd.so.2

What Chameleon is looking for is PHP's GD extension.  libgd.so.2 is a
Unix shared library, but PHP can't load that directly.  You need to
build the PHP GD extension.

The simplest is probably to add --with-gd=/usr/local to your PHP
configure options, then Chameleon will detect that GD is built into PHP
and won't try to look for php_gd2.so any more.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca