MapTools.org

[Chameleon] RE: [Mapserver-users] Hawaii Application

Edward Wiebe edwiebe@codesymphonics.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:07:17 -0700
Hi Paul,

It looks good! My error went away.

I've been playing with the application (which is very cool by the way). I
have found another anomaly for you. If you size the browser such that the
map extends either beyond the right side or the bottom and click the scroll
bar in a location that would be directly over the map, the page is refreshed
as if you clicked a point on the map. I think what may be happening is the
scrollbars are not being accounted for by the code and the mouse-click is
being captured thinking the user clicked the map when in fact they are
trying to scroll the browser window.

I hope this clear enough for you to duplicate the problem. Let me know if
you need any more clarification.

Otherwise, great looking app!

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-admin@lists.gis.umn.edu
[mailto:mapserver-users-admin@lists.gis.umn.edu]On Behalf Of Paul
Spencer
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 6:00 AM
To: Edward Wiebe
Cc: Chameleon; mapserver
Subject: Re: [Chameleon] RE: [Mapserver-users] Hawaii Application

Edward,

thanks for the prompt feedback.  I have replaced this code in our cvs
with a slightly different implementation that should be backwards
compatible.  The application will be updated shortly.

If anyone cares ...

myArray.push( obj ); is a javascript 1.2/1.3 feature.  It can be
replaced with:

myArray[myArray.length] = obj;

I was using the return value from push() which returns the new array
size, as in mySize = myArray.push( obj );, this can be done as:

mySize = myArray.length;
myArray[mySize] = obj;

Edward Wiebe wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>I started to take a look and right away got an error. I am running Internet
>Explorer 5.0 on Windows 2000. I did a little troubleshooting and found that
>lines 38, 111, and 268 of the 'cwc_cs.js' file are all sources of the same
>error. These statements are all attempting to use the 'push' method, which
>are not supported in IE 5.0.
>
>Just thought you'd like to know.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Ed