MapTools.org

[chameleon] install troubles Chameleon 1.1

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
30 Sep 2003 16:25:22 -0400
Bart,

the /ms4w is not a web location but rather a filesystem directory.  An
apache alias will not suffice, you will need to change the paths.

These files were pre-configured to be installed in the root of a drive
on windows (like c:/ or d:/), all references to the drive letters were
removed to make it possible to move the installation to a different
drive without requiring a lot of reconfiguring.  The directory structure
that is expected in this case is:

/ms4w/apps/chameleon
/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs <- apache alias "chameleon" to this
/ms4w/apps/chameleon_sample
/ms4w/apps/chameleon_sample/htdocs <- alias to here as well
/ms4w/tmp/
/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/  <- alias "ms_tmp" to here
/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/buttons/

The map file that comes with the chameleon_sample has it's web object
set up for these tmp directories.

If you don't use this structure then you will need to edit some paths.

(ps if you want a preconfigured environment, email me)