MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Optimizing Chameleon Performance

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:12:47 -0500
Hi Ian,

that's a very open ended question.  Chameleon should run on quite a
range of hardware, certainly anything new would suffice.  It also
depends on the type and quantity of data you are using, the number of
hits you expect, network speed, etc. etc. etc.

As for OS, anything that you can run a web server, php and mapscript on
will do ... and we haven't found one yet that doesn't work (although
some take a lot of effort to get working).  Certainly windows and linux
are well used.  I don't want to start an OS war, but given the choice I
would probably go with a linux server running a major distribution like
RedHat or Debian.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

|Paul Spencer                           pspencer@dmsolutions.ca   |