MapTools.org

[Chameleon] real time applicatin with chameleon

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:16:32 -0500
Um, there are probably a few different ways of doing this, none of which
are particularly chameleon dependent.  I think that you will need to
consider how you will gather the data, store it, and present it to the
user.  Chameleon just displays the contents of a mapserver Map file
inside an application template containing widgets.

If you need an application that automatically refreshes every few
seconds or minutes, it is easy to add javascript in the application
template to do this.  But there is no widget that would do this for you.

If you need the application to do something when it is accessed, you can
add the code the application's index file (the one that creates and
executes the chameleon application).   But I probably wouldn't design an
application this way unless there was some compeling reason to do so.