MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Re: Tutorial

bartvde@xs4all.nl bartvde@xs4all.nl
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:02:55 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Vladimir,

I believe the documentation for the latest version is still in the works.

I don't know if the new documentation will include something like a
tutorial. Basically what you do with Chameleon is create an HTML template
which contains special XML tags that look like <CWC2>. These tags are
interpreted by Chameleon to create HTML and javascript. The CWC2 tags
represent widgets, like e.g. a zoomin widget, a pan widget etc. Chameleon
is written in PHP and depends on PHP/Mapscript.

Best thing you can do at the moment is try to install to following (and
play with it):
-MS4W
-Chameleon 1.1
-a Chameleon sample application,
e.g.(http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/geodan_ms4w-2003-10-31.zip)

An example site for Chameleon is:
http://mapsherpa.dmsolutions.ca/hawaii2/

If you have more specific questions just post them to the list.