[Chameleon] Yet another startup question

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Mon Apr 19 16:55:28 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have been slowly working my way through a chameleon install. I have a
Wiki install guide for 1.0.x on IIS/2000 that's fairly helpful, and a
print of a handful of messages from this list to guide me on my way for
1.1. A question I am still debating is what chameleon to install 1.0.x
or 1.1.

>From what I have read if I am using a map file/local data I should be
installing 1.1, however if I am working with WMS 1.0.x. What if I am
working with both? I have some local data and I have other data I want
to pull in as WMS from remote sites. Do I install both, or just 1.1? I
could just serve up my local data as a WMS layer instead of accessing
via a .map file if that makes life easier?

Comments/Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Ken