[Chameleon] Yet another startup question

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 19 16:59:42 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,

the way to go is 1.1 instead of 1.0.

1.1 has had several design improvements coming from 1.0 (service instance
approach in 1.0 versus application based approach in 1.1). But soon 1.99
is gonna be released, so if you have some time stick around and wait for
that one instead. 1.1 can work both with MAP files and Web Map Context
documents, but normally I end up using MAP files with CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
layers. This is pure a configuration type of choice, as you can always
load a context document into your application at runtime. So what I do is
serve my local data through WMS like you suggest.

Hope this helps.