[Chameleon] Statistics for a chameleon server

J. Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Mon Aug 9 01:12:55 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask whether anyone else has ever bothered to keep statistics of their chameleon site, and what would be the best way to do so? The problems I run into is that I don't want to use some image that needs to be downloaded for statistics to be done remotely, because that can hold things up (especially when using the 'onload' functionality to trigger chameleon functionality). If I use an apache log analyser, I usually would have to set up a whole statistics webpage, and I'm not too happy with the security some of those things offer. Also, the statistics from the log are not too useful, because users refreshing the page (submitting) results in multiple entries, and if you run more than one chameleon site you cannot tell easily what belongs to what (using a database to split up results doesn't work, because the URL strings are too long).

Does anyone have a better idea? Perhaps a statistics widget that uses session info?

Regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST