[Chameleon] change imagetype on the fly

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Wed Aug 18 00:13:53 EDT 2004

Hi List,

I am attempting to modify chameleon to allow the imagetype to change on the fly. Ideally, I want to reach a situation where chameleon is smart enough to know it should use gif, except when an aerial photograph is in the background. This will greatly increase the speed of the page, because my jpeg maps are typically around 88kb, whereas a gif would be ten times smaller for linework and areas.

I tried to override the nImageType in drawmap.php by making it pick it up from the http parameters. But even if I hardcode the nImageType variable, I keep getting a jpeg. Also (which may be the cause), the temporary map files that are created specify jpeg as imagetype.

If I want to override the imagetype, where do I change that?

regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST