[Chameleon] tiff hang

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Mon Dec 6 12:53:23 EST 2004

Hi list.  A while ago I posted an issue I'd been having with rendering
TIFFs in Chameleon
(http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/chameleon/2004-August/thread.html#1245),
but I never really resolved it.  Essentially, whenever I zoom in on a
GeoTIFF so that the TIFF fills the whole map, Chameleon hangs and never
displays the map image (I just get the spinner icon indefinitely and
then a broken image icon behind it.  Try zooming in on the DRG (Test
Raster) at

http://fisher.cnr.berkeley.edu/vtm/data/mapbrowse/

to see what I'm talking about.  I'm fairly sure this is a Chameleon
issue, most likely with drawmap.php, because this mapfile renders just
fine via the CGI, and with a rudimentary phpMapScript app like this one:

http://fisher.cnr.berkeley.edu/~kueda/mapscript_browse.phtml

The DRG is a 16M GeoTIFF from the California Spatial Information
Library, so I don't think it's to blame.  You can check out my php and
MapScript config at

http://fisher.cnr.berkeley.edu/~kueda/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml

I'm running MapServer 4.4.0, GDAL 1.2.5, and PHP 4.3.9.  Can anyone
think of a reason this could be happening, or recommend a way to
troubleshoot drawmap.php?

-Ken-ichi