[Chameleon] tiff hang

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Tue Dec 7 17:02:56 EST 2004

Thanks Paul.  I tried loading drawmap.php directly, and that usually
renders the map even when the Chameleon app hangs (though sometimes it
hangs too), so I guess drawmap.php may not actually be the culprit.  I
made another, minimal app with just the ZoomIn, ZoomOut, Recenter, and
MapDHTML widgets, and it still hangs on the tiffs, so I don't think it's
any of my custom widgets that are mucking things up either.

I am really at a loss here.  The strangest thing about this is that if I
convert the TIFF to an Erdas Imagine file (either in Erdas or with
gdal_translate) everything works fine.  What is it about tiffs that
could possibly hang up Chameleon?  Why would Chameleon even be aware of
input file format?  Don't MapServer and GDAL handle that?  I know
they're fine because a non-Chameleon phpMapScript app renders the map
fine, as does the CGI.

Argh.

-Ken-ichi