[Chameleon] WMS queryByPoint

Senaratne,Udesh [Ontario] Udesh.Senaratne at ec.gc.ca
Fri Dec 17 15:33:18 EST 2004

Hello,

In class, MapQuery::executePointQuery($nX, $n) [file ...
chameleon/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_query.php], the mapscript member
fucntion getWMSFeatureInfoURL(...) is used to obtain results when the
layer connection type is MS_WMS.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the php-mapscript function
layerObj::queryByPoint(pointObj, multiple ,buffer) to do the same thing
for WMS connections.  Chameleon uses this method for none WMS
connections.  When I tried doing this for WMS connections, I got 0
results for all layers when there should have been more.

What I want to do eventually, is to access the shapeObj of the results
so that I can use the php-script function : shapeObj::contains(pointObj)
.

Thanks
Udesh