[Chameleon] WMS queryByPoint

Senaratne,Udesh [Ontario] Udesh.Senaratne at ec.gc.ca
Tue Dec 21 09:30:46 EST 2004

Hi list,

Thanks for you reply Paul.

The idea was, if we have "layer A" consisting of Polygons, and "layer B"
consisting of Points, and the user clicks on Geo-coordinate (x,y) then
the Query returns:
1. The polygon feature in layer A that contains the geo-coordinate (x,y)
2. Return all the Points in Layer B be whose Geo-coordinate is contained
in the Polygon obtained from 1.

An example would be, if I clicked somewhere on a Province (suppose
polygon layer), I obtain all the cities (a point layer) belonging to
that province.

Udesh