MapTools.org

[Chameleon] XMLThemeLegend continued

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:39:13 -0500
Dave,

Dave Astolfo wrote:

> Thanks for the info Paul.  Another question for the group:
>

> I have managed to make the menu expand / collapse here:
> http://maps.astolfo.com/chameleon_demo/

cool ... it only works in IE though ;)

> The only problem is figuring out how to make it work for multi-tier
> Legends. Right now, I think the rendering file only supports
> THEMES/GROUPS.

that is correct.  We have tossed around some ideas for adding support
for additional levels of grouping but never found anyone willing to pay
for it to be implemented nor had a compelling reason to implement it for
our own purposes.

> What I was hoping for is support for THEME/GROUP/SUBGROUP/ etc.  Like
> this:
>
> ==LEGEND==
> Top Level
> --Level 1
> --  Level 1.1
> ---- Level 1.1.1
> --Level 2
> -- Level 2.1
> Etc...
>
> In looking at the widget directory of CWC 1.1, I noticed a JSTreeView
> widget. Anyone know how to use this? I can't seem to find documentation
> on it...

JSTreeView is a utility widget that we added for the upcoming MapEdit.
JSTreeView is pretty much an internal widget at this point, but
essentially what it does is take the contents of a SharedResource widget
and display it in a hierarchical tree using some js/dhtml based tree
code we got from treeview.net (I think that was the URL).

The code for that might be in the common folder under jtree.  If not,
then check out the php_utils project from maptools.org:

CVS root:

:pserver:cvsanon@cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot

The module name is "php_utils"

There is no password

You can copy the php_utils/src/jtree folder from there to the
htdocs/common/ folder and then the widget will at least have the
javascript part ready to go

You would then need to build some javascript calls into your renderer
file to build the appropriate javascript objects for the tree.  I have
speculated on this a couple of times but never tried it.  Or write a
widget that creates a sharedresource from the information you want in
the tree.  Its kind of tricky though.  This will eventually be
documented but this will probably be one of the last things to be done.

You are not permitted to use jtree outside of the scope of chameleon
unless you purchase your own license ... but within chameleon we are
permitted to distribute it royalty free.