MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem with moving Chameleon from 2K to XP....

J. Delfos delfos18@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 02:35:07 -0800 (PST)
Hi List,

I developed a website with Chameleon 1.1, and got it working without any
issues. I have managed to install it on a few different computers, with
windows 2000 running IIS 5.0. Today I tried to install it on a computer
with windows XP, running IIS 5.1, but it didn't work. The page does load,
but the dhtmlmap image does not show up. In other words, the drawmap.php
file does not run the way it's supposed to, because the URL of the dhtml
map image does not return a map (tried loading it seperately using the
source of the image). Legend works, including thumbnails for layers.
Coordinates etc. are correct.

Can anyone give me some clues as to what difference between XP and 2K
causes this, and how to fix it? I have used the exact same files to
install it (PHP 4.3.4, etc.), same DLL's, everything. I copied all my
files from a site that worked, only changing URL's, because all my file
paths are the same. The approach worked when porting between windows 2000
machines. Are there differences with regards to permissions between the
two OS's? The only difference I spotted was that on this PC, windows was
installed in "c:\windows", in stead of "c:\winnt".

regards,

Jacob