MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem with moving Chameleon from 2K to XP....

Dave Astolfo dastolfo1@cogeco.ca
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:23:53 -0500
Jacob,

Although, I did not have the same problems, I did have issues with
installing in an XP / IIS machine. I will explain what I did, and it may
offer you some insight.

Installed on:
Win XP Laptop w/ IIS
Chameleon 1.1

First:
since I had it all running on a Win 2k server, I simply copied all the
core folders and files over for mapserver and chameleon (since there is
no installation or dll registration required for these).
Installed a fresh copy of PHP.
I had to edit both the cwc2.xml and php.ini to make changes such as:
http://localhost and directory changes from /winnt/ to /windows/
I also had to ensure that my web user had read access to all the
necessary files in the file system.
In IIS, make sure you set r/w access to the necessary folders as well.
And, ensure that the cgi_bin folder has read + execute access.
I got it all working to a point, but then got the error with unable to
load the DLL (php/extensions) error.  After reviewing my install notes,
I realized that I forgot to install
the zip files that were embedded in the PHP/Mapscript zip installation
file. Once I did this, it all worked fine.

Some things to check:
Since your map is partially starting, check your temp folder to see that
it is successfully creating temp images.
Also check that your session files are being created in php/sessiondata/
As for permissions - in the beginning, I thought that was my issue, but
after I figured out the zip issue, I ensured that my web user only had
read access to all the necessary files on the file system.

Hope this leads you to your answer...

Dave A.