MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem with moving Chameleon from 2K to XP....

J. Delfos delfos18@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:47:04 -0800 (PST)
Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I checked, and PHP does create session data, and
temporary files. Basically, everything works as supposed, except for the
DHTML image. There is just one thing I have never fully understood; you
mentioned you have to set read-access to all necessary files. This is what
I got:

My public directory is C:\web, so everything inside is already readible.
Inside of it, I got my map file and templates. Also my temp directory for
temporary images (and my session data). I have a virtual directory with
execution permissions to c:\cwc2. However, I have not set any permissions
to the directory with my data (c:\data). So far, I have never had to (on
win 2k). Apparently, my scripts can access it. But is this different for
Win XP? How can I set permissions for that folder, since it is neither in
my public web-folder (server-root), not a virtual directory? I have a
strong suspicion it cannot access this data directory, because it doesn't
have permissions. I did not set up any permissions for my c:\proj
directory either (never had to before).

I'm quite certain I installed all the extensions...

Jacob