MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon and SLD

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:50:46 +0100
Hi list,

as Mapserver's prime new functionality is SLD WMS functionality in the
next release (4.2), I was wondering if there are also client-side
components developed in Chameleon on SLD at the moment.

Functionality that I am thinking of with regard to SLD is e.g.:

1) having a style dialog in which a user can change colors, patterns etc.
for an existing classification (the input for the initial styledialog
could e.g. be the SLD result of a GetStyles request)
2) generation of dynamic legends (e.g. for the active layer, or for the
whole bunch of layers in a Chameleon application if they are SLD WMS
based). The legend should contain all classes of the layer.
3) dynamic labeling, i.e. a dialog in which the user can specify a column
to label on and font properties etc. and this creates a new layer in
Chameleon with the labels on top of the layer which is labeled

etc.

Any thoughts on this?