MapTools.org

[Chameleon] WFS client and HTTP GET/POST

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:56:47 -0500
Bart,

Assefa will be the best to answer this one, but my understanding is that
mapserver will use XML encoded POST requests by default when acting as a
WFS client.  There is supposed to be a metadata that can be set to
control this behaviour at the layer level.

wfs_request_method : POST or GET

If we get around to implementing a WFS module that supports downloading
capabilities then it is likely that setting this will be done
explicitly.  However, for now, Chameleon will likely ignore this
metadata and allow mapserver to use the default mode, which is POST.

The ExtractWFSData widget probably overrides this handling in some
circumstances and just sends a GET request anyway.  We've never
implemented a POST request in PHP code, a quick search reveals the
following URL which provides two different ways of doing it:

http://www.alt-php-faq.org/local/55/

I'll get Bill to take a look at his code and see if there is a way to
incorporate the possibility of either a post or get request and have it
honour the metadata of the layer if set.