MapTools.org

[Chameleon] What does chameleon do?

pxniw pxniw pxniw69@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:21:02 -0800 (PST)
Well for some reason I was not on the chameleon list,
so some of my questions did not show up.

Anyhow, it should be working now.
I got below sample to work, but still had some
problems with Labels. (Labels won't show, and confused
what the correct syntax should be.)

([$Shared_resource_name.first_element.second_element.etc...])

LABEL="Restaurant name: [$MyResult.Restaurant_name]"/>
But still it won't work.
(Restaurant_name is name of the column in mysql db)

Question #2

Where do I see the values currently held with
SharedResource? Or is it held in the memory?

Question #3

What is good way of debugging when trying things out
with Chameleon?

Thanks a bunch. Rolling up my sleeves and ready to
roll ;)

Px

--- Julien-Samuel Lacroix <lacroix@dmsolutions.ca>

(http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/MapImageSharedResource).

(http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/SharedResource).

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/mapfile-reference.html#layer

> Hope this will help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Julien
>

> Paul Spencer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > don't have time to respond properly for a few days
> given the holidays,
> > but I don't think the SQLQuery widget will do what
> you want, but it
> > should be possible to do it with mapserver and ogr
> using virtual
> > datasources ... will discuss when I have time.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > pxniw pxniw wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks this cleared up things a bit.
> >> Basically its copy and Paste type of environment
> >> rather than swyg system. Ie if I want to add
> something
> >> for the sample file, I would add "<CWC> some
> widget
> >> here <CWC>" to sample html file.
> >>
> >> Ok going for more advanced stuff:
> >> I noticed that Chameleon will handle MySQL?
> >> Found this:
> >> http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/SQLQuery
> >>
> >> Is this able to do this?
> >>
> >> I have php and perl scripts working for mapserver
> with
> >> Chameleon and MapLab.
> >> I also have some other data in MySQL database.
> >> Tables have info like:
> RestaurantName;City;Lat;Lon
> >>
> >> How do I query either in PHP or Perl
> RestaurantName
> >> and provide a Pin Label (Marker) for Lat Lon
> >> coordinates on my existing mapserver layout for
> single
> >> restaurant?
> >>
> >> Ie: I have a map of Georgia displayed. User have
> >> options to type city in text box (ie Atlanta),
> and hit
> >> Go button.
> >>
> >> How do I query the MySQL db and show restaurant
> >> locations in existing map?
> >>
> >> Thank You for all of who have provided their time
> for
> >> these projects, I will try to do the same, once I
> >> learn things a bit more.
> >> Happy Holidays
> >>

> >> --- Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde@xs4all.nl>

> by "CWC". A zoom-in