MapTools.org

[Chameleon] What does chameleon do?

pxniw pxniw pxniw69@yahoo.com
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:49:49 -0800 (PST)
Cool ;)
I got some of the stuff working ;)
Progress ;0

I found this statement from wiki:
"Name : LABEL
Description : This the label to apply to the point. If
not specified, the label will be the index number of
the point. If you do not want labels on your points
you must set this parameter to nothing. A shared
resource can also be used here, with the syntax
[$SR.Val]
([$Shared_resource_name.first_element.second_element.etc...])."

And I just can't get the image to show labels???

Just clear me up if I'am wrong.. I tought I tried
every combination with this...

Sample 1.

<cwc2 TYPE="MapImageSharedResource" name="main_map"
Width="600"
Height="550" Navigable="false">
   <POINTS NAME="START" SRNAME="MyResult"
SRLATCOL="Latitude"
SRLONCOL="Longitude" LABEL=""/> </cwc2>

Since Label =""
"...If not specified, the label will be the index
number of the point..."
I don't get no label with above sample.

Other things I tried:

LABEL="[$MyResult.Restaurant_Name]"
or
LABEL="Restaurant name: [$GeocodeResult.name]"
or
LABEL="Restaurant name: [$MyResult.name]"
or
LABEL="Restaurant name: [$MyResult.Restaurant_Name]"

I think I'm lost. I tried several others, but cant get
it to work. (This should add label right next to the
red dot? Correct?)

Thanks all for your help.

Px