MapTools.org

[Chameleon] map image not placed correctly

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:03:06 -0500
Bart,

That's an IE bug related to it's rendering engine. The basic problem is that
IE sometimes positions things before having all necessary information ... So
it trips over itself and renders elements in the wrong place, because it
renders/places it TOO early.

We too have noticed it and will hopefully be working with DM to get this
fixed.  I've run into this same bug in different circumstances myself, where
images inside tables that don't have a width/height specified in the IMG
element sometimes get badly positioned.

In this case the problem is slightly more complicated I believe, Paul can
explain further :)

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: chameleon-admin@lists.maptools.org
[mailto:chameleon-admin@lists.maptools.org]On Behalf Of
bartvde@xs4all.nl
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 11:53 AM
To: chameleon@lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Chameleon] map image not placed correctly

Hi list,

does anybody know what is causing the map image to be displaced the first
time a Chameleon page is loaded?

The border is placed correctly, but the map image is mostly around 50
pixels down from the border and a bit to the right.

After a zoom action, this corrects itself.

Any quick and dirty solution for this?