MapTools.org

[Chameleon] mousemove and CPU

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:17:10 +0100
Hi list,

I have been looking a little bit into the CPU usage of a Chameleon
application and see that the things that occur on the mouse move event
take a lot of CPU (50-100% depending on the speed of movement). Perhaps
some of these functions could be on intervals which are more friendly to
the CPU usage?

Also, I noticed that this does not only occur when moving over the map
area, but this occurs when moving over any part of the page. That's quite
strange, because no coordinates etc. need to be updated when moving the
mouse around outside the map area.