MapTools.org

[Chameleon] mousemove and CPU

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:31:21 -0500
Bart,

we are (hopefully) going to be looking into this issue with JF Doyon and
NRCan.  The current mechanism is to attach to the onmousemove event
handler of the document object.  We are proposing to replace this with
an event handler on the map image (or layer or whatever works in most
DOMs) with backwards compatibility to use the existing mechanism.  This
requires some rework since all the move movement handling is done in
slightly different ways and I would like to consolidate this into one
centralized handling function.

As to why it happens over the document and not the map image, I have no
clue!  Any hints on this would be great.