MapTools.org

FW: [Chameleon] Problems getting started ...

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:22:18 -0500
Try this ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Spencer [mailto:pagameba@magma.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 6:35 PM
To: Jean-Francois.Doyon@ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Cc: bartvde@xs4all.nl; chameleon@lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [Chameleon] Problems getting started ...

JF ... there is a small bug in the sample app code, if you open the
index.phtml file and change it to look like this:

<?
/*
  * this is a sample of a minimal application script required to
  * get a chameleon application running with a template and a
  * local map file.  Most applications should actually just
  * copy this file and modify the template and mapfile
  * parts and should not need to do a lot more here.
  */
include( "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/chameleon.php" );

$szTemplate = "sample.html";
$szMapFile = "/ms4w/apps/chameleon_sample/map/chameleon.map";

class SampleApp extends Chameleon
{
   function SampleApp()
   {
     parent::Chameleon();
     $this->moMapSession = new MapSession_RW;
     $this->moMapSession->setTempDir( getSessionSavePath());
   }
}

$oApp =  new SampleApp();
$oApp->CWCInitialize( $szTemplate, $szMapFile  );
$oApp->CWCExecute();
?>

The real culprit are the two $this->moMapSession lines, they need to be
moved from where they are into the constructor.  Just making that change
will fix the problem, although the above is the cleanest I could come up
with ... and will become the sample app on its next release (I hope).

Also, it should work (faster) to remove the two $this->moMapSession
lines which would cause the chameleon framework to work in MapSession_R
mode (read only) which should be faster but doesn't allow persistent
changes like adding layers.  If you want to be able to add layers then
leave the two lines in.

Jean-Francois.Doyon@ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca wrote:

> Bart,
>
> Ah ... Yes indeed I was ! I forgot about that sample app ... things work
> much better now !
>
> One last thing:
>
> Actions on the map do nothing but return the previous map, so basically
I'm

|Paul Spencer                           spencer@dmsolutions.ca    |