MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Question About Locate Widget

Paul Spencer pagameba@magma.ca
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:09:38 -0500 (EST)
Jeff, I am not entirely sure why it isn't working for you, but I am not sure it is what
you want anyway .. the Locate widget leverages the place name, postal code and NTS
mapsheet services provided by the CGDI discovery portal.  You could create something
based on the code in the widget, but this widget won't do what you want out of the box.

I would recommend starting with the Locate widget and coding a new popup dialog with
your own entry form and search functionality.  Or you could extend the Locate widget
services to include your own lookup service (see htdocs/common/phpgeocoder/services)