MapTools.org

[Chameleon] strange phenomenon with colours in Mozilla/Opera

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:43:16 +0100
Hi list,

with a raster layer I have a strange problem which only occurs in Mozilla
and Opera, not in IE.

This raster layer has labels in it with the city names of the Netherlands,
and they are in black. I have tried changing the Chameleon output format
setting (PNG24, PNG, it is currently on PNG24), but with no luck. For sure
all images are now generated in png24 format.

If I request the image directly in the browser using image/png the image
looks good, but in Chameleon most of the times it looks strange (white
labels instead of black labels).

To illustrate the problem I have put 2 pictures on my website:

[the output in a Chameleon application]
http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/chameleon.png

[direct request through WMS in Mozilla]
http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/mozilla.png