MapTools.org

[Chameleon] strange phenomenon with colours in Mozilla/Opera

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:22:31 -0500
Bart,

I just ran across an interesting problem yesterday that may be related.
  An application I was mocking up for a client was not displaying any
black lines or labels, only the non-black stuff.  I was using his data
and map file on my machine.  Then we noticed that it works in IE ... if
we changed the colours from 0 0 0 to 1 0 0 then everything worked fine.
  It also worked fine with 0 0 0 if we set TRANSPARENT FALSE.  The error
seems to occur regardless of output format ... well, jpeg works but
that's because it doesn't support transparency.  I am not sure if this
is a problem with MapServer or with browser compatibility, but I am
inclined to think that it is a MapServer issue (or more likely a GD issue).

We didn't have any issues with Raster layers, but then I don't think we
were using any :)  Perhaps try setting TRANSPARENT FALSE?