[Chameleon] Locate Widget

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Mon Jul 19 16:56:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have a couple questions in regards to the locate widget, specifically
about what is happening at the service end.

I have a need to setup something similar as the NTS Mapsheet tool, only
using a different grid. How does the NTS lookup service work? Is it just
a database where each mapsheet has a listed extent that you grab from
the query response? I assume its not a WMS or WFS layer? Is it just a
math formula given that the NTS grid follows Lat/Longs?

Any general/specific information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Sanderson
Miistakis